The Big Event Denver
May 5 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The Big Event is Virginia Tech’s largest community service event and the Denver Hokies are participating in an “extended campus” version on Saturday, April 7th where we will be working on a TRAIL MAINTENANCE VOLUNTEER PROJECT at Bear Creek Lake Park in Morrison.
This event is open to all Hokies, their families & friends. We ask that everyone please arrive at the VISITOR’S CENTER by 9 am so we can take a group photo and then get to work on improving some great recreation trails. Blacksburg will be sending us FREE VT Big Event T-SHIRTS for participating so be sure to come early and get yours!
For any questions please contact:
Dan Gladden | Dan@HopeShines.com | 720-388-0531
Mark Hojegian | Mark@CyclingRealtor.com | 303-709-4391
Bear Creek Lake Park is an incredible Open Space park located near the intersection of C470 & Morrison Road, here are some highlights of the park amenities and website if you haven’t been there before…
* 2,600 acres of open space
* Miles of multiple-use trails to explore on foot, bicycle or horseback
* Visitor Center featuring displays and Naturalist Programs
* Swim beach and marina with boat rentals
* 47 site campground with electrical hook ups
* Horseback riding stables offering guided rides
* Water ski school and fishing opportunities
* Endless opportunities to explore, relax or learn!